In March 2020, WHO (World Health Organization) declared COVID-19 as a pandemic and contagious disease. A contagious disease is that which spreads from person to person.
The research that has been made till now shows that following are the sources to spread COVID-19.
- People to People through respiratory droplets. If two or more persons are standing with a distance of less than 6 feet or 2 meters, while one of them is already infected from COVID-19, there are more chances of transmission of this virus. It spreads during talking, hand shaking, cough or sneeze.
- From animal to people. It is noteworthy to mention that there are no criteria or sources to identify COVID-19 in animals. If an animal either pet or other animal is infected from COVID-19 and you physically touch that animal, virus may be transmitting to you. That’s why care is the best solution to prevent you from COVID-19.
As for as concern of food regarding transmission of COVID-19, it didn’t evident that COVID-19 can be transmit via food.
Precautionary Measures for COVID-19
However you can adopt following precautionary measures to prevent yourself from COVID-19.
- Wash your hands with soap after every 2 hours.
- Sanitize your hands after and before eating, using bathroom, during office work and after completion of any work.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with hands.
- Stay home, stay safe.
- Avoid go out of home un-necessarily.
- Avoid public places and gatherings.
- If you are in public, cover your face and hands with masks and gloves respectively.
- Throw used tissue in dust bin.
The survivability of Corona-Virus is very poor on object surfaces. That’s why there are very lower risks of spreading of COVID-19 from food product and packaging.